Tasmanian Government Crest

Guardianship and Administration Board

Guardianship and Administration Board logo
Link to the Tas government site

What if I don't agree with the Board decision?

If the Board makes a decision you disagree with and you are an aggrieved party you can write to the Board and ask for a statement of reasons.

You may appeal to the Supreme Court to review the decision of the Board. If you think you may wish to appeal you should seek independent legal advice about the decision and the Supreme Court process.

Your rights to a statement of reasons are in section 74 of the Guardianship and Administration Act and your appeal right is explained in section 76.

More information is in the Board's Fact Sheet - How do I challenge a decision of the Board? (PDF, 258.0 KB)

What if the circumstances have changed after an order has been made?

Board decisions remain in place for a maximum of three years and are then reviewed. If major changes occur which may affect the decision made by the Board, an application for review may be made prior to the scheduled review date.

If you feel that the Board should conduct a review then you should contact the Board's office.